What’s happening and when?
|Friday, June 2||8:00am - 6:00pm||Race Bib Collection - Queen Plaza, Level One|
|Saturday, June 3||10:00am - 4:00pm||Race Bib Collection - Centre Court, Ground floor, Westfield Carindale|
|Sunday, June 4
||6:30am||Race HQ opens for race information and bib replacements|
|6:45am||Gear drop opens - 14km event only|
|7:45am||Gear drop closes. All gear for the 14km event is transported to the finish line|
|7:30am||5km event starts - University of Queensland|
|8:00am||14km event starts - George Street|
|8:45am||5km Presentations to commence|
|9:15am||14km Presentations to commence|
We encourage participants to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their race start time.
*Start times and schedule are subject to change.
Is there postage available?
Postage is available as an optional extra for participants to select during their registration at a cost of $7.95 including GST. Please note, this option must be added to your cart during the registration process and will close on Tuesday, April 11. If you have registered with an overseas address you will need to collect your race bib from the race bib collection point. To check if you have selected postage, please visit your Dashboard. Postage of race bibs will commence approximately 3-4 weeks prior to race day.
Is there a Family Package available?
There is a family package available for both the 5km and 14km events. The package includes two adult entries and one child entry. Please note, if you are registering under the family package, all members must compete in the same distance. If you are wanting to register an additional participant, you can do so at the cart contents page by clicking "Register Another".
Can I enter multiple people during the registration process?
Yes, when you arrive at the cart contents page of the registration process, click “Register Another”. You can now commence the registration for additional entrant(s). Please note that all registrations will be paid for in one transaction.
Where can I purchase an iTaB or Event Day SMS?
The iTaB finishers medal insert allows you to create a lasting memento of the race for only $12. The iTaB is a customised, engraved insert which fits perfectly into the back of your finisher’s medal. Your iTaB will be manufactured after the event and sent to you in the post. Worldwide postage is included in the price.
You can also receive your results shortly after crossing the finish line with an SMS sent directly to your mobile phone.
Simply log into your Dashboard, select 'My Registrations' and 'Make Changes' to add extra items.
Where can I purchase Event Day Photos?
Event Day Photos Packages for can pre-ordered when you register or through your Dashboard. Simply log into your Dashboard, select 'My Registrations' and 'Make Changes' to add extra items. For only $14.95 Marathon-Photos.com will supply all your identified images to download in all digital formats – original images, Race Time and Photo Certificates. You’ll be emailed a link when your order is ready – and you can post immediately to Facebook. For more information, please click here.
What Size Finisher T-Shirt am I?
This year all participants will receive a Finisher's T-Shirt upon completing the run! All shirts are unisex, with sizing in centimeters.
* Please note sizes are not guaranteed. Child L is equivalent to Ladies size 10-12.
Can I enter on the day?
Event entries will close at 5pm the day before the event, if not sold out prior; no entries will be taken after this time.
Where can I leave my gear?
A gear drop service will be available on race day for 14km participants only; please see below for further details regarding this service.
|Drop-off location||Opening Time||Closing Time||Pick-up location|
|14km Start Area||6:45am||7:45am||Musgrave Park, event village|
How does gear drop work?
- You will be given a see-through bag at the gear drop area.
- Write your bib number on the outside of the bag with the markers provided.
- Only individual items may be placed within the bag, such as a change of clothes, lightweight jacket, water bottle and post-race snacks.
- No personal bags of any description (backpacks, purses, handbags) will be accepted.
- Show your bib when leaving your bag with the gear drop volunteers.
- After your run you will be asked again to show your bib to collect your bag.
Do not leave any valuables such as wallets, keys or phones with the gear drop service. Event staff will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for lost or damaged items.
Clothing and bags left anywhere but at the gear drop location will NOT be available for collection upon finishing the race.
Can I transfer to a shorter/longer distance?
Distance transfers are available from Wednesday, May 24 until 5pm on Tuesday, May 30.
You are able to swap between distances as long as there is still availability. Participants can transfer distances through their Dashboard by following the below steps:
1. Select the 'My Registrations' tab on the left hand side of your dashboard
2. Click the 'Details' button for the entry you wish to transfer
3. Click the 'Make Changes' button and select 'Change Event Distance' from the drop down
|Longer Distance||Difference in entry fee|
|Shorter Distance||Forfeit difference in entry fee|
When transferring to a different event you will be issued a new race number and bib which will need to be collected from race bib collection. If your race bib has been posted to you, please bring it with you to be swapped over.
Can I refund my entry?
When entering the City2South the terms and conditions must be accepted by each individual entrant. The refund policy for 2017 is listed below. There are no exceptions to this rule and no refunds will be given for change of mind.
24. I acknowledge that refunds will only be made prior to 5:00pm (AEST) Friday 5 May 2017, and will only be given where participation in the Event is not advisable due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. I understand that a 50% administration fee will be deducted, and if a race bib has been sent out, I must return the race bib to Fairfax at my own expense, prior to the processing of a refund, by no later than 5:00pm (AEST) Friday 5 May 2017. Refunds will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as event merchandise, or charitable donations.
To view the full Terms and Conditions of the City2South, please click here.
How is the event timed?
Your timing device for the City2South is a single-use bib tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please make sure your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified – please do not bend or fold your bib
- Not covered (eg. by a jumper)
Are there prizes on offer?
All finishers will receive a finisher's medal and downloadable finisher's certificate. Prizes will be awarded to the top three place-getters in the 2017 Brisbane Times City2South presented by Westpac.
What are the event terms and conditions?
To view the full event terms & conditions, please click here.