- Do not compete if you have been sick or have had a viral infection in the two weeks prior to race day.
- No pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards or roller blades are permitted.
- Include emergency contact details on the back of your race bib, this will ensure event organisers can get in contact with your emergency contact if necessary.
- All participants must be wearing the correct race number to ensure that we have the correct medical and emergency details if an incident were to occur.
- Please refrain from using portable music devices. The use of iPods and other music players while participating have inherent risks and as such Fairfax Events discourages their use by participants.
Hydration and Training
Heat stress and exhaustion is common in running on a hot day. Please ensure you are well hydrated for the race. There are drink stations along the course with water and first aid. It is important that if you are feeling unwell you report to event personnel or first aid stations immediately.
You can further protect yourself by ensuring you have applied plenty of sunscreen pre-event and wear sunglasses and a light-weight hat.
Please ensure you have sufficiently trained to participate in the event or have allowed enough lead up time to prepare for the event. The event electrolyte provider is Nuun.
First aid stations will be located at the start and finish as well as at each drink station along the course. St Johns will be providing first aid at the event.
Incidents and hazards
Should you injure yourself while at the event please report this as soon as possible to event personnel which includes security guards, course marshals or event organisers; alternatively you can contact the event information line 1800 555 514 .
If you see any potential hazards at the start, finish or on course or any bags or suspicious packages that are left unattended, please notify event organisers as soon as possible.
- If your child has become lost please report your child’s details to event personnel where appropriate action will be taken to ascertain your child’s whereabouts
- If you have found a child that appears lost and/or distressed, please notify event personnel immediately
- If at the start, event personnel can be located at Race HQ
- If at the finish, event personnel can be located at the security shed, in the event village. Please seek out event organisers if you cannot locate it.
- Only Preferred and Seeded runners are allowed to warm up in front of the start line.
- Starting before your allocated gun time will result in automatic disqualification.
- Please no pushing to get over the line, the bib tags ensure that you record an accurate start time based on when you cross the line.
- Please listen to the announcers for important last minute instructions.
- Please keep to the left unless overtaking. Long sections of the course have runners travelling in both directions, please remain on the correct side of the traffic cones.
- Watch your footing for ramps, curbs and potential hazards.
Injury & Incident Reporting
Should you injure yourself whilst at the event or need to report an incident, please report this as soon as possible to event personnel which includes security guards, course marshals or event organisers; alternatively you can contact the event information line on 1800 555 514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 days of the event.